Doomzone v1.5 Released

Talk about maps you're working on or other projects related to the original Doom games.

Moderator: Sematary

silentzorah

Doomzone v1.5 Released

Postby silentzorah » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:32 am

Doomzone v1.5 has been released! This update's got a lot of new content, so check out the release notes below.

Download link: http://zorasoft.net/doom/doomzone.pk3
Alternate download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ijl84ovsh956 ... e.pk3?dl=0
Text file: http://zorasoft.net/doom/doomzone.txt

!! YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST GIT BUILD OF GZDOOM TO RUN THIS MOD !!
GZDoom v2.x - http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

-- General Changes --
* StA-3 Minigun has been upgraded, and is now an Exotic class weapon. Renamed to StA-62 Minigun.
* Colonel, Heavy and UAC Elite can now acquire the new StA-62 Minigun.
* UAC Elite no longer carries M82 assault rifle.
* M327 MGL and Q-97 Railgun added to UAC Elite's arsenal.
* All classes can now use the UAC22 Combat Chainsaw.
* UAC22 Combat Chainsaw firing animation increased in speed without affecting actual attack speed.
* Slipgater skin changed to one resembling the Quake marine. (Credit: zrrion the insect)
* Heavy now uses Slipgater's old skin, with a translation to make his skin darker. (Reference to Rico Velasquez, Killzone series)
* M224-A3 HSW sprites changed (finally) to something not shitty. (Credit: CaptainJ)
* M224-A3 HSW now spawns in the field. Picking one up also nets you one AT Rocket.
* M194 Frag Grenade sprites changed. (Credit: CaptainJ)
* UAC4-A2 Plasma Pulse Rifle renamed to UAC S3 Plasma Rifle.
* Removed Railgun Zombie.
* UAC S3 Plasma Rifle has new sprites. (Credit: Eriance)
* UAC14 Super Shotgun now has a single barrel fire mode.
* UAC14 Super Shotgun can now fire a single shell in double fire mode, if there is only one shell in the weapon.
* StA-11 and StA-11SE have both received new view sprites. (Credit: CaptainJ)
* Q-28 Perforator muzzle flash and firing animation improved.
* Slipgater grenade type switched to StA-G2 Pyro Grenades.
* UAC S3 Plasma Rifle uses its original reload sound.
* UAC7 Rocket Launcher uses its original reload sound.
* Archvile now has 50% resistance to fire attacks.
* Diabloist Neophyte now has 50% resistance to fire attacks.
* Pain Elemental now gibs when killed with a fire weapon.
* Suicide Bomber's bomb explodes when killed with a fire weapon, and plays the flaming death animation.
* VC5 Arc Rifle and Q-96 Thunderbolt range limited to 600 units.
* All weapons now play a sound when deselecting.
* Lights on the dark matter core ammo pickups now more closely resemble the lights on the Q-105 Dark Matter Gun.
* Exotic spawn logic reworked due to UAC Elite and Slipgater being overrepresented in its code.
* UAC14 Super Shotgun is now allowed to spawn on Rocket Launcher and SSG spawn spots, not just plasma rifle and BFG spots.
* Commando modified to weild and drop the UAC Mk.2 Chaingun.
* Ammosphere screen blend changed to orange.
* Removed Invisorb.
* LS13 Shotgun reload animation has two additional animation frames. Reload speed slightly increased.
* UAC11 Scattergun reload speed increased.

-- Additions --
* New weapon: StA-3 Stova LMG. Functionally identical to old minigun, replaces said weapon. (Credit: zrrion the insect)
* New weapon: UAC Mk.2 Chaingun. It's, uh... It's the Chaingun, now featuring .30 ammunition. Available for UAC Elite. (Credit: LordSmash)
* New weapon: MG-88 Enforcer SMG. Unique starting weapon for UAC Elite. (Credit: Eriance)
* New weapon: UAC S4 Hyperblaster. Ripped straight from a Strogg's cold, dead hands. For Slipgater. (Credit: Eriance)
* New weapon: ARM 97 Laser Cannon. Like a UAC S4 Hyperblaster, except super spammy. For Slipgater. (Credit: CaptainJ)
* New weapon: ARM 27 Prox Launcher. Sticks to walls 'n floors 'n stuff. For Slipgater. (Credit: Eriance)
* New weapon: ARM 17 MultiRocket Launcher. It's like quad damage, in rocket launcher form. For Slipgater. (Credit: Eriance)
* New weapon: Lava Nailgun. Like the Q-24 Nailgun, but does 50% additional damage and pierces armor. For Slipgater. (Credit: Eriance)
* New weapon: Lava Perforator. See above. For Slipgater. (Credit: Eriance)
* New weapon: UAC16X Gauss Cannon. It's a railgun, on steroids. For UAC Elite. (Credit: CaptainJ)
* New enemy: Enforcer Marine. A marine in ash-gray armor weilding the MG-88 Enforcer SMG. Its long bursts of fire suppress targets, if not splatter them. (Credit: CPLTaggart)
* New enemy: Stova Z-Sec. This Z-Sec's khaki helmet won't help him hide in the UAC facilities, but that machine gun's fire rate will make you wish YOU had camouflage.
* New powerup: Haste Sphere. Increases movement speed by 30% for 30 seconds. (Credit: scalliano)

-- Bug Fixes --
* Plasma Z-Secs now correctly face the player between shots.
* Hand grenade ammo can no longer be crushed under ceilings.
* UAC11 Scattergun's muzzle flash now correctly shows when using attached flashlight.
* Deselecting the Q-97 Railgun while scoped now correctly removes the fire mode indicator from the HUD.
* Picking up ammo with the StA-5X Arc Cannon while empty now illuminates the particle tube.
* Suicide Bombers no longer vanish when killed with the Thunderbolt's alt fire or Arc Cannon shots.
* "give ammo" console cheat now works properly (Complete overhaul of how inventory markers are handled).
* M224-A3 no longer ejects a bullet casing when firing a rocket.

Check it out, download link at the top of this post.
Last edited by silentzorah on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sematary

Re: Doomzone v1.5 Released

Postby Sematary » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:13 am

Send me a screeenie, I'll post about it on the main page. :mrgreen:

silentzorah

Postby silentzorah » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:09 pm

It appears some people are having issues running the mod after downloading it from Zorasoft. I'm currently investigating why.

EDIT: There seems to be something wrong with my web hosting. Downloading Doomzone from Zorasoft throws an access violation for some, but not for others. I'm not exactly sure why this happens, but I'm adding a mirror download link to the OP. If you receive an access violation error, try downloading the other.

EDIT #2: This may actually be a problem with Windows 10, as I've only heard complaints from Windows 10 users. Thanks, Micro$oft.

Sematary

Postby Sematary » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:00 pm

silentzorah wrote:It appears some people are having issues running the mod after downloading it from Zorasoft. I'm currently investigating why.

EDIT: There seems to be something wrong with my web hosting. Downloading Doomzone from Zorasoft throws an access violation for some, but not for others. I'm not exactly sure why this happens, but I'm adding a mirror download link to the OP. If you receive an access violation error, try downloading the other.

EDIT #2: This may actually be a problem with Windows 10, as I've only heard complaints from Windows 10 users. Thanks, Micro$oft.

I can host it on DWS for you as well, if you want. Just say the word and send the file. :-)

silentzorah

Postby silentzorah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:41 pm

Just checking in to announce I may be releasing the next version of Doomzone in the coming days or weeks. Will probably post another thread when it's out there. While I won't disclose the entire changelog of what's coming just yet, I can say I've got a new weapon, a few of the classes have been reworked for balancing purposes (don't worry, they've been buffed), and hopefully, a new patch to run it with Ultimate Torment & Torture.

Still need to go back and update/test the Gaiden patch, since I failed to do that for the last update.

Return to “Maps and projects”