Winter is coming

Give us your snapmap id's or just discuss Snapmap in general

Moderator: Sematary

Sematary

Winter is coming

Postby Sematary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:47 am

So, for the past several days, I've been working on creating my first Doom 4 map. Needless to say, it's been a learning experience. Some things I've learned. As far as the actual map itself, all you can do is mess around with the arrangement of the modules themselves. You can do that and change the atmosphere (but I wish there was more leeway with that), add music (not many options), etc... Where the REAL beauty is in Snapmap is the ability to design gameplay and encounters. I may be limited (as a mapper) in many respects but when it comes to the gameplay and the encounters you can set up, the sky is practically the limit. I am designing a map with classic gameplay but incorporating the new abilities of the logic sequences that are available. So, you know, switches, keycards, lots of good battles - surprises (ambushes), etc... Good stuff. Alot of what I had to figure out how to do in what was essentially breaking the engine to do, is now easy and fluid. I think you all are going to like the map. I call it "Winter is Coming" (you all know where that comes from, right?). I've already spent MANY hours tweaking gameplay, getting it just so and I have a long way to go. I hope you all really enjoy it when it's done.

Return to “Snapmap ID's and discussion”