Welcome to the forums

Topics of interest having to do with Doom Wad Station

Moderator: Sematary

Sematary

Welcome to the forums

Postby Sematary » Tue May 24, 2016 5:39 pm

I just wanted to put in the first post on the new forums. :-)
I hope you enjoy the theme I chose and I hope you will come back here often for discussion.
We are Doom Wad Station.

Saturn

Re: Welcome to the forums

Postby Saturn » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:23 am

Hi, Saturn here. I just signed up as I've gotten into DOOM hardcore in the last few weeks. Don't see an "introduce yourself" thread and not sure this is the right place but I'll take a stab at anyway in my initial post :)
After 22 years I am finally able to play DOOM on my Atari Jaguar. Back in '94 it made me ill after a few minutes bc of motion sickness or something. Tried a few times to play over the years but same thing every time. A couple of weeks ago I managed to stay at it for an hour and now it's almost nonstop. (I have the console paused as I type this.)

I mostly use Linux (Lubuntu 16.04 atm) and have been writing up tutorials to install different versions of DOOM on the OS without having to use Steam. I'd link to them but not sure it's appropriate or ban worthy-will read up on the rules soon :D
Anyway, playing at home and most of the day at work on my laptop. Making up for 22 years of awesome takes a little time and I was happy to discover DWS with the wads to add to the fun! Much appreciated.
This forum's theme is very pleasing to the eyes btw. (default theme, I guess. I'm seeing green and black)
So, just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to learning anything I can about Doom and making maps.
See you around 8-)

Sematary

Postby Sematary » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. You can post links to relevant stuff as long as you're not spamming the site. I hate that. But ya, please do - more info is better than less info and if it's Doom related, it's always welcome! :-)

Sematary

Postby Sematary » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm glad you like the them, btw. :-)

Return to “Doom Wad Station”